Moerlein Lager House’s Next Beer Dinner to Benefit Make-a-Wish on October 18
Make-a-Wish will be the beneficiary for the October Beer Dinner at the Moerlein Lager House on Cincinnati’s riverfront on Wednesday, October 18 starting at 6 p.m.
The beer reception features Hellesicle and Blueberry Habanero Bay of Bengal, and guests will have the opportunity to chat with one of the Moerlein brewers. The evening’s five-course meal then will be paired with Moerlein beers brewed in-house, and the Lager House chefs will be on hand to discuss the preparation and pairing of the food and beer.
Each course will be paired with a beer by Moerlein, including India Pale Lager, Fifth & Vine Oktoberfest Marzen, Space Time Hoppy Wheat Ale, Fest Box and 13/164 Russian Imperial Stout with Cherries.
The menu includes:
- First Course, Thai eggplant salad, poached rock shrimp and black bean + sun-dried tomato/nuoc cham
- Second Course, Chicken Tagine with farro, apricot sauce and mint crème fraiche
- Third Course, 5 Spice Salmon, longanisa sausage, ghost pepper and hoisin, Peruvian potato, daikon sprouts
- Fourth Course, roasted pork tenderloin, sage tea brine, date jam, peppadews and crispy prosciutto
- Fifth Course, coconut panna cotta and almond macaroon with cherries.
Cost of the dinner is $75 + tax, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Make-A-Wish.