Moerlein Lager House Kicks Off the Holidays with Holiday Beer Extravaganza
The Moerlein Lager House welcomes the holiday season again this year with the annual Holiday Beer Extravaganza, Saturday, Nov. 4 from noon until 5 p.m. at the Moerlein Lager House along Cincinnati’s riverfront.
The Extravaganza serves as the unofficial opening of the holiday and winter beer season, this year featuring Moerlein ’77 Winter Warmer. Also featured will be a number of Moerlein Lager House creations, including Holiday Porter Variants Mole, Cherry Cordial, Rum Cake and others, along with 16 other holiday craft beer selections from guest breweries. Furthermore, the Moerlein Lager House Brewers and Chef team have collaborated on 4 entirely unique infusions of a brand new Office Party Porter.
The list includes:
- Moerlein ’77 Winter Warmer; spiced winter warmer with essence of Glayva
- Moerlein Office Party Porter-Mole Spice Infused; notes of cocoa, espresso and smokiness
- Moerlein Office Party Porter-Rum Cake infused; including cherries, raisins, pecans and vanilla
- Moerlein Office Party Porter-Cherry Cordial; bing cherries, cocoa and vanilla bean
- Moerlein Office Party Porter-Date Night infusion; dates, fresh rosemary and orange zest
- Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabazza; Belgian strong ale with figs, raisins and sugar plums
- St. Bernardus Christmas Ale; deep dark color with velvety taste and fruity nose
- Ridgeway Lump of Coal; bittersweet chocolate stout
- Delirium Noel; winter ale with a sweet touch, then bitterness
- Southern Tier Cinnamon Roll Imperial Ale; lightly toasted malts with spicy hops into cinnamon
- Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale; dry hopped for a lively intense aroma
- Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas; toasted and caramel malts with honey and cinnamon
- Fifty West Home Sweet Home; brown ale with cinnamon, sage, molasses, pecans and sweet potatoes
Tickets are $35 and include event access, eight beer tasting tickets, complimentary hors d’oeuvres and featured keg tappings. This is an opportunity to experience samples of rare and unique beers alongside food pairings perfect for each beer.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.moerleinlagerhouse.com/events.