Funky’s “Dinner in the Kitchen” features Italian Theme on July 14
Funky’s Catering Events will present a five-course Italian dinner and wine pairing at The Transept, 1205 Elm Street, starting at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, July 14. Cost is $100 for each person. For more information and reservations, call (513) 841-9999.
The courses and pairings feature:
- Hors d’oeuvres in the kitchen, including grilled longneck clams, eggplant toast, prosciutto and veal crepinette and roasted corn and ricotta zucchini blossom
- Wine pairing: Marchesi Antinori Bolgheri Vermentino
- Antipasta, including compressed watermelon and hamachi crudo
- Wine pairing: Livio Felluga Pinot Grigio
- Main Entrée, braised rabbit ravioli with chicken liver brown butter, grilled grapes
- Wine pairing: Marchesi Antinori Toscana Villa Antinori Rosso
- Secondary Entrée, smoked Colorado lamb chops with rosemary marsala glace, white polenta carbonara, young beets and carrots
- Wine pairing: Gaja Toscana Ca'Marcanda Promis
- Dessert, bomboloni with hazelnut cream, blueberry jam, buttermilk semifreddo and chocolate
Megan Maloney from Heidelberg will be the wine host for the dinner and prepared the wine selections paired with each serving.