Macy’s Arts Sampler presented by ArtsWave returns February 18 & 19
Macy’s Arts Sampler presented by ArtsWave returns February 18 and 19, for the 31st annual event connecting Greater Cincinnati residents with the amazing arts opportunities offered in our region.
The weekend-long program includes more than 100 events, activities and performances across more than 25 venues in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky by 60 organizations. All Arts Sampler events are free and open to the public thanks to Macy’s sponsorship. Visit www.theartswave.org/sampler for a complete schedule of events.
ArtsWave is the nation’s oldest and largest community arts campaign. Every year, tens of thousands of people contribute to the annual ArtsWave Community Campaign to support the arts programs and institutions that make our region a vibrant, fun and interesting place to live, work and visit.
For three decades, ArtsWave has used Sampler Weekend to shine a spotlight on arts organizations large and small that are supported by the annual Community Campaign.
Highlights of 2017 Macy’s Arts Sampler weekend include:
- Highlights of the Wizard of Oz by the Children’s Theatre at the Taft Theatre
- A number of interactive performances including the Cincinnati Ballet, at the Masonic Center, downtown
- Live music performances at Behringer Crawford Museum in Northern Kentucky
- Live dance and musical performances at the Fairfield Community Arts Center
- Free performances and hands-on activities at local libraries, including: Boone County Library, Campbell County Library in Carrico, Cold Spring and Newport and the Public Library, Downtown Branch
- Madcap Puppets at the Cincinnati Art Museum