ArtWorks Announces Finalists for Fifth Annual “Big Pitch” Contest
Eight local businesses that were selected as finalists for the ArtWorks “Big Pitch” presented by U.S. Bank, a mentorship program and pitch competitiondesigned for established creative businesses, have been matched with a U.S. Bank small business specialist along with local business mentor.
The finalists and their mentor matches include:
- MadHouse Vinegar, North Bend, Ohio. MadHouse Vinegar is committed to two things: creating world-class artisanal vinegar and making it using products that would have been poured down the drain, mainly from local breweries, cider houses, vineyards, and distilleries. MadHouse Vinegar is matched with Brittney Taylor of U.S. Bank and Matt Madison of Madisono's Gelato & Sorbet.
- Mortal Ski Company, Park Hills, Kentucky. Mortal Ski Company build skis by hand one at a time using time tested materials and skills. Mortal Ski Company is matched with Keith Jackson of U.S. Bank and Greg Dorr with support of Rob Mason of AGAR.
- Osmia Bee Company, Cincinnati, Ohio. Osmia Bee Company works to raise awareness of the plight of native bees and provides tools, so people can hatch and raise their own. Osmia Bee Company is matched with Allison Pape of U.S. Bank and Ann Mooney of Rising Moon Consulting.
- Queen City Vignette, Cincinnati, Ohio. Queen City Vignette provides a library of colorful furniture and textural rugs and decor for rent for your wedding, party or event. Queen City Vignette is matched with Kaylyn Houston of U.S. Bank and Tom O’Brian of EBTH.
- Russo’s Ravioli, Cincinnati, Ohio. Russo’s Ravioli is a family business driven by passion and family recipes to bring Cincinnati the finest raviolis, lasagnas and sauces. Russo’s Ravioli is matched with Mark Sousa of U.S. Bank and Emily Frank, of C’est Cheese.
- SKT Ceramics, Cincinnati, Ohio. SKT Ceramics is a porcelain studio that creates durable tableware and gifts adorned with original illustrations by founder Susannah Tisue. SKT Ceramics is matched with Michael Howard of U.S. Bank and Tarita Preston of The Curated Coach.
- Strange Stock Art Conservation, Covington, Kentucky. Strange Stock Art Conservation provides preservation services for the repair and restoration of works on paper and photographic materials. Strange Stock Art Conservation is matched with Victor Hernandez of U.S. Bank and Regina Carswell Russo of RRight Now Communications.
- Sweet Petit Desserts, Ohio. Sweet Petit Desserts offers a variety of bite size desserts from cupcakes to pies and teaches baking classes primarily to kids. Sweet Petit is matched with Christopher Goodpaster of U.S. Bank and Anthony Berin of Findlay Kitchen.
Over 10 weeks, each finalist will receive mentorship and coaching, as well as pitch help and business planning assistance. The program will culminate in a public pitch event on September 25, 2018 at Memorial Hall, in which finalists will compete for a business grant and an audience choice grant.
ArtWorks Big Pitch 10-Week Mentorship program is sponsored by U.S. Bank, and is offered through the ArtWorks Workforce Development Program. The department provides creative professionals and entrepreneurs with education, access to capital, and mentorship and community connections for continued growth. Additionally, the Workforce Development Program employs and trains youth Apprentices to work on creative and meaningful projects through the city. Since 2011, ArtWorks has supported over 600 creative entrepreneurs through CO.STARTERS and The Big Pitch.
For more information and to purchase tickets to the event you can go to: www.ArtWorksCincinnati.org